Smart services, drivers of the energy transition and digitalization
What is a smart service?
A smart service is a service that relies on data collected by connected devices and intelligent sensors and analyzed by a software platform to meet a specific need of the user.
Smart service requires an excellent mastery of data since it is the data that will allow to propose a service adapted to the real needs and uses of the end user.
To design a smart service, you need to be able to :
- collect and aggregate massive and heterogeneous data flows
- use the artificial intelligence (AI) of a data analysis solution to cross-reference data and extract meaning
- imagine and design a contextualized and user-oriented service based on the observed patterns
The software platform developed by Energisme responds to these challenges.
It relies on the Internet of Things to amplify and optimize data collection. The massive and heterogeneous data centralized in the solution is then processed and analyzed to detect patterns. The platform then formats the analysis results to transform them into decision support tools and/or innovative data-driven services.
Ultimately, smart services are based on the combination of 3 criteria:
ensure a connection between connected objects or existing systems and a software platform for data centralization and analysis.
interpret the collected data to understand the user’s needs and issues.
react in a relevant way to the information generated to bring added value to the user
What are the most widely used technologies?
The Internet of Things,
There are many applications for smart services. But in all cases, smart services can only exist thanks to data. Collecting and mastering data is essential to create business applications that will have value for users.
The extension of the Internet of Things (IoT) opens the way to the development of smart services. Thanks to IoT sensors, smart meters or connected lighting, the opportunities for data collection are now almost limitless, if we exclude of course all the issues related to personal data protection.
Otherwise, the IoT allows the collection of large sets of data in various fields:
- buildings, equipment and industrial processes
- local authorities
- the tertiary sector
The automation of data collection is a first step towards the production of smart services. At Energisme, we work in synergy with an ecosystem of suppliers to help you integrate connected objects and IoT sensors on your equipment.
The N’Gage platform developed by Energisme serves as a catalyst to produce intelligent services. Between raw data and exploitable and monetizable knowledge, the solution facilitates :
- Massive data collection via connected devices (IoT sensors, smart meters, etc.)
- processing and aggregation of different data sources
- analysis of large data sets
- Data visualization to inform decision making (in this case, service functionalities and use cases)
- data modeling to quantify the energy and monetary consequences of actions
- the implementation of alerts on these multi-fluid data to warn users of abnormal behavior
The transformation of multi-source raw data into usable and contextualized information makes it possible to develop customized applications for the service user.
Offer innovative services
If we take the example of local authorities, it is clear that the territories generate a multitude of data, which can lead to the creation of innovative services:
- energy consumption of public facilities and buildings
- street usage rates and times via smart lighting
- weather data
- inhabitants’ uses
- urban traffic management…
However, the difficulty lies in the exploitation of this data. The N’Gage platform smart data solution facilitates better use of the data to :
Digitize your information handling processes
Finally, by centralizing data, dashboards and analysis reports in a single platform, the local authority meets the challenges of a connected territory. The digitalization of processes is at the heart of the smart city.
The digital revolution must serve to :
- Supporting decision making
- Facilitate relations between the community and its residents
- Optimize the community’s energy performance
- Improve the comfort of residents
Using the Energisme platform to centralize data is a catalyst. Users no longer have to search for information in different places. It can be easily accessed in a single, easily accessible solution.