Smart building: control via smart connectors
The building sector has begun its technological transformation.
The smart building approach is revolutionizing building management. Not only do IoT sensors allow massive data collection.
But the contribution of software solutions such as the Energisme platform transforms this data into usable information for strategic decision-making by real estate professionals.
The transformation of buildings into smart buildings
The digital transformation is underway in the building sector. Technological innovation, and in particular the development and democratization of IoT (Internet of Things) sensors, is paving the way for smart buildings.
By smart building, we mean an intelligent building that, thanks to sensors, collects and aggregates data on the various systems of the building. This data will then be processed and analyzed via a software platform, like the solution developed by Energisme, to extract meaning.
Thanks to our algorithms, the solution is able to :
This evolution towards the connected building concerns the residential sector as well as the tertiary and industrial sectors.
In both cases, the principle remains the same with connected equipment and intelligent sensors to facilitate remote control of the building.
In the case of an existing building, the transformation of the building into a smart building requires a prior assessment of the needs and use cases.
Typically, if the operator’s objective is to save energy, the installation of sensors connected to our N’Gage platform allows him to collect all the necessary data in order to perform a complete energy audit.
The data analysis will provide him with the tracks of performance improvement and energy renovation.
In the case of a new building, the strategy for moving towards smart building must be defined at the design stage, in synergy with the operator and its partners.
What is the added value of a smart building?
The benefits of smart building
Compared to traditional building management systems (BMS), the smart building has two major advantages:
- It increases the amount of data that can be collected on the equipment
- Data from different systems become interoperable
favors a transversal management of the various building equipments, in order to answer the numerous challenges of the sector:
- regulatory obligations, energy performance improvement, cost control, occupants’ comfort…
Through its business applications (monitoring of energy consumption, monitoring of equipment, monitoring of regulatory obligations, …), the solution developed by Energisme deals with all these issues in a centralized manner.
The smart building, a lever to enhance the value of real estate assets
Moreover, the smart building is a lever to enhance the value of real estate assets. It facilitates the emergence of a wide range of services for occupants and operators:
- Predictive maintenance and sustainable management of equipment
- Energy management
- Space planning
- Optimization of occupant services: cleaning, security, etc.
- Occupant comfort: air quality control, hot water network temperature…
The advantage of smart buildings is that this offer is not limited. Smart metering through the use of IoT sensors offers great flexibility in terms of measurement and data collection.
The interoperability of this data with each other and with other data sources means that services can now be adapted to the uses and needs of occupants and operators.
Smart building: connected equipment for better management
The installation of IoT sensors at different points of contact in the building, coupled with the Energisme solution to transform data into usable information, reshapes the way the building is managed.
Existing buildings are often already equipped with building information systems and BMS technologies. Our platform connects with these systems to bring up data. By aggregating this data and data from the Internet of Things, you get a deep understanding of the occupants’ uses and the state of the equipment.
The growing amount of information generated by intelligent buildings opens the way to strategic, not just operational, management of real estate assets. For real estate professionals to fully benefit from this revolution, mastering data is obviously crucial. The solution developed by Energisme is designed to support them in this direction.
They allow you to act on the building in a preventive or corrective way, at several levels:
- Building maintenance and upkeep: data analysis helps identify maintenance needs and guide the intervention of teams in the field.
- Predictive maintenance: sensors enable real-time assessment of the level of wear and tear on equipment and anticipate maintenance needs.
Smart buildings also meet energy management needs. Operators are subject to regulatory obligations to reduce their energy consumption.
The Energisme platform allows them, for example, to :
- visualize in a specific dashboard the performance of their facilities in relation to the regulatory objectives of the tertiary decree
- identify the sites that are below the objectives
- access site-specific data to detect anomalies and areas for performance improvement
- accurately detect equipment that requires intervention
- alert the responsible persons to implement an intervention or support energy renovation decision making