ESG criteria: definition and objective
ESG criteria are an integral part of the financial performance of public sector actors.
Indeed, financial specialists now take into account environmental, social and governance criteria to gauge the growth potential of organizations. These are known as extra-financial indicators, since ESG criteria are added to financial criteria to justify a viable economic model.
By definition, ESG criteria are closely linked to the socially responsible strategy (CSR) and sustainable development of economic actors (companies, local authorities).
They are also at the heart of the labeling of Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) funds, since it also adopts a responsible approach to financial investments.
The different criteria
Le critère environnemental prend en compte la politique adoptée par l’organisation pour :
- réduire son empreinte environnementale (réduction des émissions de CO2 et de gaz à effet de serre)
- gérer les déchets
- diminuer ses consommations en eau et en énergie (électricité, gaz)
Le critère social va intervenir sur :
- la formation et la sensibilisation du personnel
- la prévention des risques psychosociaux et des accidents
- l’emploi de personnes en situation de handicap
- le respect du droit des salariés
Le critère de gouvernance intervient quant à lui sur des sujets comme :
- la parité homme-femme au sein d’une direction
- la mise en place d’un conseil d’administration indépendant
- la transparence sur la rémunération des dirigeants
- la lutte contre la corruption
What are the challenges of an ESG strategy in the public sector?
In fact, integrating ESG criteria not only makes it possible to comply with environmental laws, but also :
The issue is also financial, since ESG analysis meets :
- achieving environmental objectives by reducing energy costs
- replacing fossil fuels with renewable energies
In order to conduct an efficient CSR policy, the use of ESG data becomes essential.
To do this, local authorities face a major challenge:
- the collection and analysis of ESG data
which, without an adapted tool such as the N’Gage platform, can be time-consuming and complex.
How to simplify ESG data collection?
There are solutions for automated ESG data collection, but they need to be combined with analysis systems in order to be truly exploited.
ESG data collection can be automated with an energy management system like N’Gage.
The platform connects to :
- asset data
- network operators’ databases (Enedis, GRDF)
- remote reading automatons
- BMS automatons
- sub-metering devices (IoT sensors)
- ERP software for local authorities
N'Gage: the solution dedicated to the collection and processing of ESG data from the public sector
The N’Gage digital platform allows you to manage your energy performance in order to meet your CSR, SRI and sustainable development challenges.
Its ability to collect and analyze massive and heterogeneous data on a continuous basis makes the software a reliable tool for all your business units:
- operations manager
- marketing manager
- CSR manager, etc.
The modules can be adapted to the requirements of each business profile that revolves around community management.
A response to CSR and ESG issues
N’Gage meets your CSR and ESG challenges by automating many actions:
- Visualize your fleet through interactive charts
- Realize immediate financial gains
- Make your reports easier and more reliable
Taking environmental and social issues into account has never been easier. You can manage your energy efficiency in real time and easily meet the legal obligations related to the energy transition of your assets.
Restitution of your data from all sources in a single interface, mapping of your fleet and reporting of sites with consumption deviations, setting of alerts (failures, breakdowns, leaks), etc.
Reduction of energy costs, management of your bills, optimization of your energy contracts (subscribed powers according to your real consumption).
Make your CSR reports or GRESB and Décret Tertiaire type ratings easier and more reliable: monitoring of key indicators adapted to your commitments, specific dashboards (GRI, EPRA, GHG emissions, waste monitoring, etc.), export in the format of your choice.